Welcome to Birch Hill Preschool.
We are a charity run pre-school based in Birch Hill, Bracknell.
We have been established for over 30 years in the community and have been in our brand new setting, on Birch Hill Recreation Ground since September 2017.
We know how important your child is and aim to deliver the highest quality of care and education to help them to achieve their best.
We hope this website gives you all the information you need about our routines, our approach to supporting your child’s learning and development and how we aim to work together with you to best meet your child’s individual needs.
Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions, would like to book a visit or apply for a place for your child.
Come For A Visit
At Birch Hill Pre-School we operate an open door policy so you are very welcome to visit us and experience a session first hand. We feel the best way to appreciate the excellent qualities Birch Hill Pre-School has to offer is for you and your child to visit us and enjoy the various aspects of a session.
If you wish to visit us please telephone and we will be happy to welcome you to one of our exciting sessions.
Prior to your child starting with us it is very helpful if you can visit a few times to allow you and your child to familiarise yourselves with the facilities and get to know the members of staff.
When your child starts at Birch Hill Pre-School you are invited to stay as long as you feel is necessary to help your child settle into each session, then before you know it they will be disappearing through the door without a backwards glance.
Our friendly staff are all parents themselves and understand what an important time this is for you and your child. We can assure you they will do their utmost to ensure the transition to pre-school is as smooth as possible. If you wish to visit us please telephone or contact us here and we will be happy to welcome you to one of our sessions.
Our setting aims to:
- provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age;
- work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We Aim to Ensure That Each Child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
What Our Families are Saying
“Both my children have thoroughly enjoyed their time at Birch Hill Pre-School. The staff are friendly and welcoming and have always be warm to my children even if we bump into them outside of the pre-school. Several staff members have become good friends because they are local people whose own families attend local schools and events. Since moving to the new site the equipment and outside area has improved dramatically, really creating a fun and safe learning environment for my children. They both always look forward to meeting their friends and playing. The pre-school visits the Lookout as an end of Summer term trip, which my children loved – particularly as the parents are invited to accompany them. The pre-school takes part in national and local charity events, as well as fundraising for themselves and encourage a sense of local community with the children. One example would be when the children made poppy pictures for the centenary of WW1 and the items were displayed at South Hill Park.”
“Both of my children have been to Birch Hill Pre-School and I’m so pleased I chose this pre-school to take care of them in their early years. The staff are so experienced and feel like an extended family. They are super friendly, know your child’s needs and put them at ease. I will be so sad when my daughter leaves in July. It will be the end of an era.”